top of page
Zoom Show & Tell - May 25, 2021
Following Gyleens method of using quilt tops for her backing, I found these blocks hanging around and decided to use them on the back of the previous quilt. I may have picked these up from the free table when we had meetings.
This one was a block of the month from Stitchen Heaven. Had lots of fun putting it together. Just need to finish sewing on the binding then it's ready for next Christmas.
I had lots of ugly blues and put this together for the fun of it. Needs binding on it now. Most likely a charity quilt.
A teeny, tiny, very quick project. I gifted my petsitter a bottle of wine and a decorative wineglass. At the last minute I remembered that I had a little 4X4 practice square, that I saved after using it to practice a particular design, before stitching the design onto a quilt. I quickly sewed some binding on it and ta-da! A wine coaster!
Found this one in a bind of quilt tops and backing. I don't remember making it, may have been a block swap from an online group I was in years ago. I think I have another one like this too. Another charity quilt when the binding is on it.
My latest piece... Entitled “Stand of Birches “. Nod to the poem by Barbara Howe. My abstract interpretation of birches with forsythia in foreground. Utilized acrylics on recycled clothes, silk, upholstery fabric, typewriter and Anne Sigler’s hand spun wool!
This is one of Debby Browns free color monthly patterns. I’m behind but collect the patterns; all 2 1/2” squares. Doesn’t make a dent in my scraps. This one I did in rainbow order.
Two scrappy quilts that I made using 10” foundation papers. All leftovers from other quilts, most of them baby quilts. I put a gray strip down the middle diagonally and flipped and stitched. An easy mindless project. Unfortunately, I still have more strips!
This counted cross stitch piece is a gift for a good friend’s son’s wedding.... that was originally to occur on April 24, 2020. Because of the pandemic, the wedding did not occur, and nor did they marry at that time....but this piece was completed for LAST year! So when I learned the wedding WAS happening this year, I disassembled the piece and reworked the year. It turned out to be an easier task than I had anticipated...whew!
bottom of page